[Help-gsl] GSL using a Makefile

From: Viswakula, Sameera D.
Subject: [Help-gsl] GSL using a Makefile
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:32:57 +0000

Hello,

I wanted to get some p-values from the Chi-square distribution, so I installed
GSL in my home folder (since I don't have admin privileges) successfully. I
have some issues regarding compiling and linking those gsl libraries to my
existing C++ project.

I found out that I can compile and link using the following commands.

        gcc -Wall -I/home/svisw002/gsl/include -c vsd_nb.t.cpp
        gcc -L/home/svisw002/home/gsl/lib vsd_nb.t.o -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

But, I don't know how to use this in my existing Makefile.

vsd_nbPoi : *.cpp *.h
        g++ -w -O4 -I ./ -o vsd_nbPoi *.cpp

I spent hours on this and so far I couldn't figure out how to do it. Any help
would be appreciated. Thank you in advamce.

Sincerely,
Sameera Viswakula