Re: [Help-gsl] ode version and compilers

From: Alan Fung
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] ode version and compilers
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 13:48:15 +0000 (UTC)

Brian Gladman <brg <at> gladman.plus.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> If you believe that this is a GSL issue, would it be possible to produce
> a simple example that illustrates the problem?
>
>    Brian Gladman

Hi,

See my latest followup of my post.

With revision 4771, the calculation will slow down.

Also, I found that numerical results by 1.16 and 1.15 are different (less
than 0.1%).  I doubt it is because of revision 4771.  I have modified the
source code of 1.16 to undo revision 4771.  And I found that, without 4771,
results by 1.16 and 1.15 are the same with each other.  So, I question
whether revision 4771 do a better job or a worse job, in terms of accuracy.

Alan