Re: [Help-gsl] Nonlinear fitting

From: jeremy theler
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Nonlinear fitting
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 20:59:55 -0300

Ken,

If you just need a quick answer to your problem, I would like you to try my
tool called wasora, which amongst other things, is a high-level interface to
some of the GSL tools.

I have added your fitting problem to the examples subdirectory (I made up the
data). You can take a look at it by first downloading the tarball from

http://www.talador.com.ar/jeremy/wasora/

and the looking at examples/fit.was

Sadly, the code is lacking good documentation. So far all I have are examples
of usage. In the following link

http://www.talador.com.ar/jeremy/wasora/realbook/._realbook015.html

some comparison between GSL examples written in C as taken from the manual and
the (almost) the same results obtained with wasora by using a far more simple
high-level input file.

Regarding your fitting problem, wasora takes care of numerically computing the
gradient of the function with respect to the parameters if explicit algebraic
expressions are not given.

--
jeremy