[Help-gsl] installation error

From: Janaka Adassuriya
Subject: [Help-gsl] installation error
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:02:55 +0530

I try to install the GSL version 1.16 in my fedora 17. I found some errors
while making libraries. Here is the error generated.

*/usr/local/gls/gsl-1.16/missing: line 81: makeinfo: command not
foundWARNING: 'makeinfo' is missing on your system.         You should only
need it if you modified a '.texi' file, or         any other file
indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual.         You might want to
install the Texinfo package:         <http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/
<http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/>>         The spurious makeinfo call
might also be the consequence of         using a buggy 'make' (AIX, DU,
IRIX), in which case you might         want to install GNU make:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/make/
<http://www.gnu.org/software/make/>>make[1]: *** [gsl-ref.info
<http://gsl-ref.info>] Error 127make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/gls/gsl-1.16/doc'make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1*

Could you tell me how to fix this problem.

--
Janaka Adassuriya
Astronomy & Space Science Division