Re: [Help-gsl] Interested in Contributing to the Library

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Interested in Contributing to the Library
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 13:35:18 -0600

Hello,

I think the ODE algorithms are in pretty good shape. Ultimately you should work on something that you have interest in. Some topics off the top of my head are:

1. Add a LAPACK/LAPACKE interface to the gsl_linalg routines
2. Sparse matrices needs a preconditioner for the GMRES solver
3. Regularized Least squares: it would be nice to have some routines to help with automated L-curve analysis (see the Matlab regularization toolkit)
4. N-d interpolation
5. Gridding of scattered datasets (direct gridding, minimum curvature, etc)
6. Large least squares systems: develop routines for large systems to avoid storing the design matrix (linear) or Jacobian matrix (nonlinear) in memory

These are all topics I'm personally interested in, but don't have much time for. Perhaps others have suggestions too.

Please note that if you start working on GSL, start by making an extension to the library so others can easily try out your code.

Patrick