Re: [Help-gsl] Linear least squares, webpages and the next release

From: Vale Cofer-Shabica
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Linear least squares, webpages and the next release
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:52:24 -0400

First, a huge thank-you to Patrick for your long-running work on this
project.

1. Is anyone out there using GSL besides me? :-)

Absolutely; I use it for molecular dynamics simulations and path-based
techniques for studying chemical systems. GSL is also used for some
routines in hmatrix, a linear algebra package for Haskell, which I
sometimes use.

> 2. What functionality would you like to see added to GSL?

I'm pleased with the current functionality

3. Are you willing to develop and contribute the features you want?

Yes, in the event that they come up.

4. Would you like to see a quick release of GSL v2.0, or are you content to
> work off the git repository?

I'd prefer that releases come more often. Echoing some of what's already
been said: the long delay may make the project seem in-active and a git
tree doesn't advertise maturity as well.

Thank you again,
vale

--
Vale Cofer-Shabica
Department of Chemistry, Brown University