[Help-gsl] QAG adaptive integration

From: M A
Subject: [Help-gsl] QAG adaptive integration
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 21:49:38 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I wish to have a suggestion regarding numerical integration with GSL QUADPACK.

The function I need to integrate is positive and smooth, but can have
singularities at the integration extrema, a and b.

According to the documentation
(https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Numerical-Integration.html)
the subroutine QAGP (with breakpoints `pts[0]=a; pts[1]=b;`) is the right one
to use, but specifying the two extrema as breakpoints seems redundant. Could
you confirm that QAGP is OK for such a case?

Otherwise, should I decide to use the QAGF subroutine, what is the best
integration rule (`key`) to be used for my function?

Thanks,

A.