[Help-gsl] Linear fitting

From: Francisco M Neto
Subject: [Help-gsl] Linear fitting
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 12:13:47 +0200

Greetings!

        I have been trying to use gsl for some linear least squares
fitting, but for some reason I'm getting bad results.

        Instead of returning the results of the fit, gsl_fit_linear()
returns -nan for all parameters. I'm not sure if I'm passing something
wrong to it, but I do know that there is no problem with the data (I've
ran it through other LS fitting procedures and results are consistent).

        Attached are the source and an example data file. I've compiled
and ran with:

$ gcc -I/usr/include/gsl/ -lm -lgsl -lgslcblas -o teste_bet teste_bet.c

$ ./teste_bet data.dat

[]s,

Francisco M Neto