Re: Using gsl_matrix_float and gsl_vector_float in for linalg and multir

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: Using gsl_matrix_float and gsl_vector_float in for linalg and multiroots functions
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:57:00 -0600

Hello,

  This is a great idea and should be done at some point, but
unfortunately GSL does not currently support this. The gsl_linalg
routines are mainly for the double types (gsl_vector and gsl_matrix) and
some routines are also supported for complex double (such as Cholesky
and LU).

If you need to do linear algebra on floats, you'll likely need to use
LAPACK. Or better yet, implement them in GSL and send me a patch :)

Patrick