Re: AW: Compling Error gsu 2.6

From: John D Lamb
Subject: Re: AW: Compling Error gsu 2.6
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 16:43:45 +0100

Dear Benedikt:

I also use Ubuntu (20.04) and have not had problems with GSL linking.

The -L/usr/local/lib should be telling g++ to look in /usr/local/lib. But you seem to have installed gsl in ~/Programme; so it might be more sensible to use -L.. instead (I haven’t tested it).

Ubuntu already has GSL in the repositories; so you might just install it. If you are using any recent version you should have stats available. And if GSL is installed in the Ubuntu default location, g++ will find libgsl.so etc without any extra effort.

If you are using C++ and want to use GSL stats on, for example, std::vector<double>s, you could try https://sourceforge.net/projects/ccgsl/, which will let you use gsl stats functions with objects C doesn’t know about. But solve the location problem first: ccgsl doesn’t
need extra libraries but it does need somewhere to install header files.