Re: AW: Compling Error gsu 2.6

From: Martin Jansche
Subject: Re: AW: Compling Error gsu 2.6
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 20:15:48 +0100

I can't quite tell whether you've configured, compiled, and installed GSL.
General MO for error reports is that you provide details up front, which
helps everyone get to a speedier resolution without having to guess. You
say that you "have installed anything into the basic structures", but I
can't tell: did you run GSL's configure? Did you run make? Did you run make
install? What does "pkg-config --modversion gsl" print?

In general, try to compile with "gcc $(pkg-config --cflags) -c foo.c" and
link with "gcc -o foo foo.o $(pkg-config --libs gsl)". If you're using GNU
Make, then set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately there and rely on
its implicit rules. For any of this to work, you have to have pkg-config
working, which will be the case if you have GSL properly installed. If not,
you only have to debug pkg-config's access to GSL, and that will typically
reveal all other problems.