Re: Copying C array to a GSL vector

From: Fritz Sonnichsen
Subject: Re: Copying C array to a GSL vector
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:41:10 -0400

This does not seem to work: Here are the errors:
  float specwav[1023];
  gsl_vector_view v = gsl_vector_view_array(specwav, 1023);
>>>    warning: passing argument 1 of ‘gsl_vector_view_array’ from
incompatible pointer type

If I look at the  gsl_vector_view function it looks like it wants a
gsl_vector type, not a 'C' type array.
     gsl_vector_view gsl_vector_subvector(gsl_vector *v, size_t offset,
size_t n);

using the pointer for my array does not work either:
                               gsl_vector_view v =
gsl_vector_view_array(*specwav, 1023);
  >>>    warning: passing argument 1 of ‘gsl_vector_view_array’ from
incompatible pointer type

Fritz