Question of polynomial multiplication.

From: 김현성
Subject: Question of polynomial multiplication.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 16:03:02 +0000

Dear GSL developers

Hello,

While I am reading polynomial section of GSL manual, I realized that GSL does
not provide the function calculates two polynomial multiplication.
I wonder it is not constructed yet or it had been considered but does not fit
with GSL design.

I found 3 basic algorithms for polynomial multiplication.

l  Direct coefficient vector convolution.

l  Dived and Conquer approach algorithm.

l  FFT for fast convolution calculation. <- In my opinion, this algorithm will
not be able in GSL because of interdependence
I think above two will be useful, if they are provided in GSL. How about you?

Thanks

Hyean Sung