Re: First ever GSL Technical Report (ALFs)

From: Mike Marchywka
Subject: Re: First ever GSL Technical Report (ALFs)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 09:47:12 -0500

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 03:45:18AM -0500, Mike Marchywka wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 10:00:31PM -0500, Liam Healy wrote:
> >    This thread seems relevant; as of 2015 or so, the answer was "most
> > probably not":
> >
> > [https://github.com/openjournals/brief-ideas/issues/132#issuecomment-164936220]https://github.com/openjournals/brief-ideas/
> >    issues/132#issuecomment-164936220
> >    and if you scroll all the way to the bottom through many "any updates on
> > this?" postings,
> >    you'll see postings from a few days ago saying basically nothing's
> > changed.
> >    I just checked some of my papers on Zenodo, and none came up in GS.

 I went to google scolar and typed in "zenodo" and after the papers
ABOUT Zenodo there seemed to be several that are on Zenodo. As
it seems to be affiliated with CERN, it has all the right
credentials. However, GS may curate them by some unknown rules.

Their DOI url will redirect to their zenodo web pages but
apparently can not be used to get the bibtex info without
scraping the Zenodo site. Most publishers make
the citation info available through crossref making
it easier to cite from a DOI.

However, as I search for click-through tracking, the DOI url's
make a natural as they all go to the same domain and right now their
server does not seem to mind a made up query string. So, if you want
their server to know the work that created your curiosity, you could
make your bibliography contain DOI links with your DOI in
the query string - then you just need to get them to count and
disseminate the results :)

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox