Re: Gnome-shell metapackage

From: d.4.n.1
Subject: Re: Gnome-shell metapackage
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 12:27:05 -0200

the error was with dbus. I needed add glib package-module to use dbus on packages. It's work now! thanks guixs

Sent from my Mi phone
On "d.4.n.1" <address@hidden>, Jan 7, 2016 12:52 PM wrote:

I try again and work it! gnome-shell on guixsd! I'll help to add more packages to it. thanks ludo, David and all guix devs.

Sent from my Mi phone
On address@hidden, Jan 7, 2016 11:15 AM wrote:

Hello!

address@hidden skribis:

> do you think about create a metapackage to gnome-shell?

I think 宋文武 is kinda looking into it (or should consider looking into
it).  :-)

> How do I change slim/wicd to gdm/networkmanager?

There’s no GuixSD service for GDM yet, but that’s another thing we
should look into it soon.

There is ‘network-manager-service’ in (gnu services networking).  It can
be used as shown here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-11/msg00717.html

It didn’t work for me though, so your feedback would be appreciated!

宋文武, I noticed that ‘network-manager-service’ is undocumented in the
manual; could you add it under “Networking”?

> I installed gnome-shell in my guixsd but I can't login. There's error
> with something.

Could you be more specific?  Is there an error message you could post?
Does ~/.xsession-errors or the console contain any hints?

Thanks,
Ludo’.