Re: developing for guix with git

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: developing for guix with git
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 12:24:48 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> writes:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Did you import (guix git-download)?
>>
>> I am not sure.
>> Adding to the Email I just wrote to this thread, how would I do this?
>
> Leo means to add this to the file you have edited (lisp.scm).
> Currently, there’s only
>
>       #:use-module (guix download)
>
> but you need to also add
>
>       #:use-module (guix git-download)
>
> if you’re using the ‘git-fetch’ procedure.  Because ‘git-fetch’ is
> undefined otherwise Guile fails to load “lisp.scm” and this failure
> cascades through everything else.
>
> It would certainly be nice if the actual error would appear on the last
> line instead of one of the errors resulting from not being able to load
> “lisp.scm”.

I see. Okay, I'll try that and see if world builds again successfully.

I might've been preoccupied due to being a bit ill and not fully capable
in understanding what I am doing, I guess. I dislike giving answers
which are shorter than the actual message, but thanks for helping ill-me
so far. I hope this solves the problem I had.

--ng

--
ng/ni*
vcard: http://krosos.sdf.org