Export archive and import it on another machine

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Export archive and import it on another machine
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:01:44 +0000

I'm trying to export Libreoffice from one PC and import it on another one — the
reason I'm doing this is that with the latest git checkout when I try to
install it on a PC with a newly installed GuixSD it keeps building it from
source and failing.

Anyhow, on the machine that I have it installed I ran:

# guix archive --generate-key
$ guix archive --export -r /gnu/store/hash...libreoffice-5.0.3.2 >
libreoffice-5.0.3.2.nar

Then copied the nar and /etc/guix/signing-key.pub to the other PC.

There I ran:

# guix archive --authorize < signing-key.pub
$ guix archive --import < libreoffice-5.0.3.2.nar

The last command fails with:

guix archive: error: build failed: program `guix-authenticate' failed with exit
code 1

What am I doing wrong?

Side question — why is it building Libreoffice from source on “guix package -i
libreoffice”? Recipe there, but not built on Hydra? How can I install an
earlier already—built version?
--
白い熊@相撲道