Re: Export archive and import it on another machine

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Export archive and import it on another machine
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:34:52 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 08:01:44PM +0000, 白い熊@相撲道 wrote:
> I'm trying to export Libreoffice from one PC and import it on another one —
> the reason I'm doing this is that with the latest git checkout when I try to
> install it on a PC with a newly installed GuixSD it keeps building it from
> source and failing.
>
> Anyhow, on the machine that I have it installed I ran:
>
> # guix archive --generate-key
> $ guix archive --export -r /gnu/store/hash...libreoffice-5.0.3.2 >
> libreoffice-5.0.3.2.nar
>
> Then copied the nar and /etc/guix/signing-key.pub to the other PC.
>
> There I ran:
>
> # guix archive --authorize < signing-key.pub
> $ guix archive --import < libreoffice-5.0.3.2.nar
>
> The last command fails with:
>
> guix archive: error: build failed: program `guix-authenticate' failed with
> exit code 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Hm, I'm not sure. Are you sure the source machine's public key is in
/etc/guix/acl?

> Side question — why is it building Libreoffice from source on “guix package
> -i libreoffice”? Recipe there, but not built on Hydra? How can I install an
> earlier already—built version?

Most likely for this reason:

You can install an earlier version by checking out a commit in the Guix
git repo from before Vigra broke, and building based on that commit [0].

When building Guix from git, be sure to pass the correct value to
./configure --localstatedir=. Most likely it is '/var'.

[0]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Building-from-Git