Re: Some things to be aware of for docs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Some things to be aware of for docs
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 18:27:32 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 10:26:04PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Esteban Enrique <address@hidden> skribis:
>> > Next, (I think this has been in the works, but I am not sure) there
>> > needs to be a reminder to run the command 'guix pull' before
>> > installation to avoid any problems.
>> There’s a reminder, but it’s easily overlooked.  ;-)  Anyway, it’s a bug
>> that should be fixed so the reminder isn’t even necessary.
>
> One of the doc patches I just pushed has added this reminder.

Really?  I was referring to this bit from 2014:

  @quotation Note
  @c The paragraph below refers to the problem discussed at
  @c <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2014-08/msg00057.html>.
  It is highly recommended to run @command{guix pull} once before you run
  @command{guix system reconfigure} for the first time (@pxref{Invoking
  guix pull}).  Failing to do that you would see an older version of Guix
  once @command{reconfigure} has completed.
  @end quotation

Ludo’.