Re: guix edit mutt -- with new option, and dependency, how I got it work

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: guix edit mutt -- with new option, and dependency, how I got it working
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:06:49 +0200

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 15:45:51 -0500
Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 07:58:06AM +0100, Jean Louis wrote:
>  [...]
>
> I'm really glad you mentioned this on our list! My "Archive" mail folder
> has ~30000 messages, and I rarely opened it because of how long it would
> take Mutt to load them all. With this option enabled, it loads almost
> instantly, once the cache is created.
>
> :)

sounds like it'd be good to enable

> I agree that we should build our Mutt with this option enabled.
>
> If everyone agrees, the question is which database to use — we have gdbm
> and bdb in our package tree (I think tokyocabinet is a WIP). I have no
> idea which database is a better choice. What do people think?

Assuming mutt, gdbm and bdb build on all architectures, comparing guix graph
of mutt, gdbm and bdb, and the graph of the two databases is identical. The
only other input I have is that debian uses tokyocabinet as a dependancy.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר