Re: Initial installation - stuck at installing python (killing process)

From: dptdescribe
Subject: Re: Initial installation - stuck at installing python (killing process)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 19:02:54 +0100

Thanks Tobias.

It worked for the python issue but I came back to the error which I had in the first place a few days ago. After building guix (?) it run some tests. It fails at tests/store.scm. I cannot find any logs anywhere, I asked about that on the #guix few days ago and noone could help. There are 61 tests, 2 are skipped and 1 is failed. It prints message to see ./test-suite.log but this file doesn’t exist. Actually one of the logs asks me to report a bug on the mailing list. ;)

All I did was killing the process (Ctrl-C) after seeing the well known “killing process / no such process” message after running the following command:
# guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt

Then I re-run the system init with fallback flag:
# guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt —fallback

As I wrote - it helped for the python issue and proceed further.

After failed test I tried to run again the first command (without —fallback) to download guix rather than building it from the source, however it didn’t helped. Maybe there is some cache which tells guix “hey - I have the source files and I already build the project, maybe we should build it again rather than download anything?” - no idea...

I cannot copy-paste the log so please see few screenshots on imgur.
http://imgur.com/a/5fsQG

Thanks once again.

dptd