Re: guix installed Emacs

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: guix installed Emacs
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 14:45:42 +0200

Jean Louis (2016-04-16 15:59 +0300) wrote:

> I guess that is due to wrong environment when running emacs.
>
> Check the $XDG_DATA_DIRS to conform to Guix recommended.

This may be the case, indeed!

Catonano, you can set the Guix environment variables by adding the
following line to your "~/.bash_profile":

  source "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"

--
Alex

Thanks to you both. The missing icons don't bother me much, but since we're at it, here we go

The line

source "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"

already is in my .bash_profile file

The $PATH contains a bunch of guix related paths (starting with /home/catonano/.guix-profile/bin: ... )

But the .guix-profile/etc/profile file doesn't even mention any XDG_DATA_DIRS variable

In fact, echo $XDG_DATA_DIRS shows an empty line