working on guix: how to

From: Catonano
Subject: working on guix: how to
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 12:32:33 +0200

Hello people

How do I hack on guix ?

I read about "guix environment guix" and that's ok

I also read that a special guile command can be thaught to Geiser so I guess I could teach Geiser to use the Guile provided by "guix environment guix". Right ?

But say I want to make a small modification on the actually running guix and see the effect live.

How do I access the code of the guix running in the env provided by "guix environment guix" ?

That is, how do I "incrementally" develop Guix ?

With "incrementally develop" I mean interactively testing snippets of code and making small edits and then iterate