Re: Everything segfaults

From: Paul van der Walt
Subject: Re: Everything segfaults
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 00:27:36 +0200

On 2016-06-14 at 23:46 CEST+0200, quoth Ludovic Courtès:
>> $ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> /home/paul/GNUstep/Library/Libraries:/usr/lib
>
> Just unset it, it shouldn’t be needed, and it’s evil!
>
> Binaries of the host distro will undoubtedly look for libraries in
> /usr/lib even when LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset.  As for GNUstep, I’m not
> sure, but most likely everything will be fine.

Okay, that did it.  Eventually it turned out that a package
`gnustep-make` had created a file in my distro's /etc/profile.d/ folder
which was setting this variable.  Removing the package (a dependency of
some software i don't use any more) solved the issue.  Thanks!

Now i just need to figure out why fonts in Emacs (installed from Guix)
seem whack... :/  But that's for tomorrow.

Bye now, and thanks!
p.