Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 09:20:27 +0800

Hi guix,

Matthew Jordan <address@hidden> writes:

> Good Day Alex and everyone,
>

>> Thank your help, but I still cannot build hello-world...
>>

> If all you want to do is compile some hello world code,
>
> $ guix package -i address@hidden
>
> And use the "go" command

Actually, I am trying to link object file compile with gcc with go
object file. I was thinking using gccgo would make things simplier since
the backend is the same. Anyway, I follows your suggestion to use 'go'
command instead and find this guide
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16747021/how-do-you-statically-link-a-c-library-in-go-using-cgo>
on SO. The answer written by Didier basically works for me, except that
'//#include <toto.h>' has to be replaced by '//#include <toto.h>' to get
the code compiled. Have a good day :)

> I'll will be adding the 1.5 and 1.6 versions soon.
>
>> Also, in this page,
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.7.4/gccgo/Invoking-gccgo.html#Invoking-gccgo,
>> it said, 'The gccgo command is a frontend to gcc and supports many of
>> the same options'. Does this mean there is some kind of gccgo command
>> even for gcc 4.7? Am I missing something here?
>
> Simply put, if you need a go compiler you will have to use address@hidden or
> newer or use address@hidden or newer.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ----
> Matthew Jordan

Btw, does anyone have problem cloning github repo? I get the SSL
verfication problem mentioned earlier. However, I have already installed
nss-certs and include the following line in .bashrc:
  GIT_SSL_CAINFO="$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt"
  export GIT_SSL_CAINFO

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex