Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:13:33 +0800

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 07:05:24PM +0800, Alex Vong wrote:
>> I forget to tell that I am not using Guix SD but using Guix on top of
>> Debian. Do you have any recommendation on this?
>
> This works for me in my login shell profile:
>
> if [ -d /etc/ssl/certs ]; then
>         export SSL_CERT_DIR=/etc/ssl/certs
>         export SSL_CERT_FILE=$SSL_CERT_DIR/ca-certificates.crt
>         export GIT_SSL_CAINFO=$SSL_CERT_FILE
> fi

It turns out Guix profile already exported this environment variable for
me, so exporting it before sourcing Guix profile has no effect at all.

Eventually, I get this working with certificates from Debian,

GUIX_PROFILE="$HOME/.guix-profile" \
            . "$HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile"

GIT_SSL_CAINFO="/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt"
export GIT_SSL_CAINFO

But why are the certificates from nss-certs not usable?