Re: Geiser documentation buffers

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: Geiser documentation buffers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 13:15:49 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> This is not about Guix, admittedly. It's about Geiser
>
> I tried to post on the Geiser mailing list 3 times, to no avail
>
> So I'm trying here now. Supposedly Geiser is serving most of the people
> hacking on Guix, so I hope this is not an outrageously off topic post
>
> When I ask Geiser to open the documentation buffer on some symbol at point,
> then when pressing q the buffer won't close. A q will appear in the buffer
> and it will persist.
>
> C-x k closes not only the documentation buffer but also the source code
> buffer that I started from in the first place
>
> So I'd have to start all over again

It’s a bug that made its way in the last Geiser version, I think, but
ISTR that it’s fixed upstream.  Maybe Alex knows?

Ludo’.

Ludovic,

thank you. I have been replied to on the Geiser mailing list. My posts were received, after all

I was suggested to try the melpa provided Geiser and that works.

Now, the version of the melpa provided Geiser is 20160617.954 and the version of the Guix provided Geiser is 0.8.1 and I'm not sure how they can be compared

The Geiser repository is unreachable now ( https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/geiser.git )

There's a github copy here https://github.com/jaor/geiser
but I'm not sure about the branches I saw there

I'd wait for Alex to clarify things a bit

In the meantime, can I try geiser-next ? Or is it gonna break things irreparably ?