Re: Geiser documentation buffers

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: Geiser documentation buffers
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:17:33 -0400

myglc2 <address@hidden> writes:

> Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

>>     Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
> [...]
>>     > When I ask Geiser to open the documentation buffer on some
>>     symbol at point,
>>     > then when pressing q the buffer won't close. A q will appear in
>>     the buffer
>>     > and it will persist.
>>     >
>>     > C-x k closes not only the documentation buffer but also the
>>     source code
> [...]
>> In the meantime, can I try geiser-next ? Or is it gonna break things
>> irreparably ?
>
> geiser-next also has the problem.
>
> I also hit "when pressing q the buffer won't close". An install from
> https://github.com/jaor/geiser.git to ~./emacs.d/lisp works for me ;-)
>
> BTW, nice movie! - George

Forgot to mention, you also need ...

;; temporary hack for geiser 'C-c C-d C-d' bug
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/lisp/geiser/elisp/geiser.el")

;; To make sure to Guile finds source files from git checkout
(with-eval-after-load 'geiser-guile
  (add-to-list 'geiser-guile-load-path "~/src/guix"))

... in your emacs init file.  HTH