exploring the code

From: Catonano
Subject: exploring the code
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:27:34 +0200

I opened the file guix/scripts/build.scm in Emacs

For Geiser to be able to jump to the definition of a symbol at point or to open a documentation buffer, I need the Guile REPL to "load" the file

C-x C-b does the trick, but I see this error in the REPL, then

http://paste.lisp.org/display/320775

After that, many symbols become available anyway: I can jump to their definition and I can have doc buffers popping up

All but one: "options->derivations" on line 670

I'm doing this because I'd like to redo in the REPL what the command "guix build blah" does. At least some parts of it

In order to make it less abstract in my mind, to get aquainted with the build subsystem. I need to see some procedures called and returning something, I need to see macros expanded.

I hope you understand

If anyone can suggest a better way to get aquainted with the build subsystem I'm all ears.

I'd like Geiser to work on all the symbols, though.