Re: new GuixSD version?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: new GuixSD version?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:34:46 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:45:49AM -0400, Ethan Stefan Day wrote:
>> -The installer requires P to proceed.
>> -Hydra does not have the binary for P (it is silently ignoring bad URLs).
>> -The '--fallback' option for 'guix system init' will not work because of
>> the bad URLs.  (although I think the intent was for users to not have to
>> use that anyway)
>
> We should at least be able to re-add the source code to Hydra, and
> hopefully the binaries. Since the source code is content-addressed, it
> can be fetched from many places, such as the local /gnu/store, an URL,
> the substitutes server, and also content-addressed mirrors [0] (but not
> in 0.10.0).

I think the main problem is that some of the 0.10.0 binaries have
vanished from {mirror.,}hydra.gnu.org.  Thus, people installing GuixSD
for the first time today have a very bad experience.

We can rebuild the ‘release-0-10’ branch on Hydra, but of course we’re
limited by the available resources.

At any rate, Ethan: I think we’ll make a 0.10.1 release once we’ve merge
‘core-updates’, which could be a week or two from now.

Thanks,
Ludo’.