Re: How do I control which guix 'system vm-image' puts into the image?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: How do I control which guix 'system vm-image' puts into the image?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:47:49 +0200

Hello!

myglc2 <address@hidden> skribis:

> How do I control which version of guix is built into an image?

The image contains the ‘guix’ package indirectly specified in the
‘operating-system’ configuration.

Namely, the ‘services’ fields of your ‘operating-system’ declaration is
(very likely) a superset of ‘%base-services’.  ‘%base-services’ includes
‘guix-service’, which automatically adds the ‘guix’ package provided by
(gnu packages package-management) to /run/current-system/profile.

As you can see in (gnu packages package-management), the ‘guix’ package
is a Git snapshot dating back to May 14th.

HTH!

Ludo’.