Re: recordmydesktop doesn't work with sound.

From: Dmitry Nikolaev
Subject: Re: recordmydesktop doesn't work with sound.
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:02:55 +0300

On 21 July 2016 at 23:50, Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:
I second David's suggestion. Even if it worked correctly, RecordMyDesktop is really unpleasant to use.

It gives crippled video on my hardware. I've tried --full-shot and --fps options, none helped.

When you record something, it needs to "process" your content for a very long time and such process runs on a single core only

My laptop is singlecored, not an issue for me.

I'd recommend a tiny Gnome Shell extension called "EasyScreenCast" but I don't know how that would fare with GuixSD.

Doesn't it requires Gnome3? Does GuixSD has it in repository? I would try it.

Dmitry