guix pull parallelism

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: guix pull parallelism
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:31:58 +0200

Hello,

it does look like some parts of "guix pull" are parallelized
as I was seeing guix-daemon's child guile take 200% CPU during :

compiling...     99.6% of 511 files

So far so good, nice to use those cores that would stay idle.

But...

$ grep -c ^processor /proc/cpuinfo
3

So why is that not a ~300% is there only parallelism for 2 threads,
or is it an unintended side effect and there is no parallelism ?

If it had been ~100% or ~300% I would not have asked, but that
200% looks wrong one (missed a core) way or the other (no
parallelism)...

Thanks for feeding my curiosity...

--
Vincent Legoll