.xinitrc ignored

From: gno
Subject: .xinitrc ignored
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 21:33:20 +0200

Hello guys !

First off, guix is great, even if it takes quite some time to get used
to :)

I made it work in no time and am now running guixsd (lightweight
desktop setup with awesome). I'd like to keep at it but I do need to
solve 2 problems first. I was asking around in #guix and was referred
to this email add.

Is there any way to make it respect .xinitrc, preferrably when slim
starts ? I use a diy keyboard with a custom xmodmap that needs to be
loaded. I tried all kinds of things with ~ and
root; .xinitrc, .xserverrc, .xsession (crashed w/o logs).

Also, unfortunately awesome-wm is quite dated. I'd like to update it so
that it is compatible with my config. There have been quite a few API
changes. Is it feasible to try and package a newer version myself or
did you not do it already because of missing dependencies or other
complications ?

Thanks for all the hard work ! :)
- muck