Re: Why are there no binary available

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Why are there no binary available
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:16:27 -0400

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 01:18:13PM +0200, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> I'm trying to understand why are there no binaries available
> for my system and I'm rebuilding everything.
>
> The answer may be that I have a system configuration that
> makes the hydra binaries not good for my system, but that
> is just a guess...
>
> Is there a guix command to know for sure that system
> configuration is not compatible with hydra binaries ?

Changing the system configuration should not cause changes to package
definitions, so you should be using the same packages that are provided
by Hydra.

I'm not sure where what the problem could be. Can you give some details
about your set-up?

Guix or GuixSD? What version of Guix (`guix --version)? Are you trying
to use modified versions of any packages? Is Hydra's key in
'/etc/guix/acl'? Can you reach the Hydra mirror at
https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org?

And, please share any other information that you think might be
relevant.