Re: Why are there no binary available

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Why are there no binary available
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:12:34 +0200

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 01:18:13PM +0200, Vincent Legoll wrote:
>>> I'm trying to understand why are there no binaries available
>>> for my system and I'm rebuilding everything.
>>>
>>> The answer may be that I have a system configuration that
>>> makes the hydra binaries not good for my system, but that
>>> is just a guess...
>>>
>>> Is there a guix command to know for sure that system
>>> configuration is not compatible with hydra binaries ?
>>
>> Changing the system configuration should not cause changes to package
>> definitions, so you should be using the same packages that are provided
>> by Hydra.
>>
>> I'm not sure where what the problem could be. Can you give some details
>> about your set-up?
>>
>> Guix or GuixSD?
>
> GuixSD in a qemu VM x86_64
>
>> What version of Guix (`guix --version)?
>
> $ guix --version
> guix (GNU Guix) 20160823.08
>
>> Are you trying to use modified versions of any packages?
>
> Not with root account, nor with guix system reconfigure, just the
> following in /etc/config.scm
> (based on bare-bones.scm) :
>
> (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/vda")
> ;                                  (theme (grub-theme))
> ))
>
> (packages (cons libinput-minimal (lset-difference eqv? %base-packages
> '(libinput avahi bluez))))

The (lset-difference …) expression above is equal to ‘%base-packages’,
because the third argument is a list of symbols whereas the second one
is a list a packages (so these two sets are disjoint).

You probably meant:

        (lset-difference eq? %base-packages
                         (list libinput avahi bluez))

I don’t know the answer to your initial question though.

Ludo’.