Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Cross-building GuixSD (and maybe using pre-built toolchains)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:15:40 +0200

Hi,

So one issue that happens when cross building is for things that have
the #:no-substitutes #t enabled. This is mainly found in service
derivations for generating configuration files. I guess if you aren't
using substitutes at all and want to cross-compile everything, it will
take a while till you hit this problem. I have not found a solution to
this problem yet, but I think it should be possible to get
gexp->script and gexp->file to ignore the #:system and #:target, since
I don't think there's a reason why configuration files can't be
cross-built.

David