Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 12:46:41 +0000

> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:

>>> Dunno; what would it add?
>>>
>>> Ludo’.
>>
>> I don't understand enough of it, I only know someone else added it to
>> some project I contribute to.
>
> Guix ‘origin’ forms store the expected SHA256 of the checkout.  So
> everytime we do a Git checkout, guix-daemon explicitly makes sure the
> the checkout contents match the given SHA256.  IOW, we already have
> integrity checks built in Guix.  For this reason, I think ‘git fsck’
> wouldn’t provide any additional guarantee.
>
> Hope this makes sense!
>
> Ludo’.

I agree

…and wonder if I run into equal problems once I have done the guix
publish/pull/package via gnunet-fs as Nix is discussing for the
distributed system they are discussing to move to, where their problem
is that they need to convert all the hashes for when they'll move all
the sources into that network. I'll see when I get there.
--
ng0
For non-prism friendly talk find me on http://www.psyced.org