Re: Documentation

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 19:46:51 +0200

>> Or maybe I'm very bad at info, always found its interface weird...
>
> I'm not sure, I actually don't use `info` very much either. Maybe your
> GuixSD installation has not been updated since the relevant text was
> added to the manual?

I regularly do guix pull && guix system reconfigure, like earlier today...

Isn't that enough ?

Which package contains this documentation ?

>> $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var
>> configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in
>> build-aux "."/build-aux
>
> Sorry, I forgot the first step, `./bootstrap`, which is mentioned here:

OK, after ./bootstrap, now ./configure --localstatedir=/var works, but not:

$ make doc/guix.html

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vlegoll/repo/upstream/gnu/guix'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vlegoll/repo/upstream/gnu/guix'
Updating ./doc/version.texi
  MAKEINFO doc/guix.html
doc/guix.texi:6621: @include: could not find os-config-bare-bones.texi
doc/guix.texi:6726: @include: could not find os-config-desktop.texi