Re: Documentation

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 18:43:34 -0400

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> when & how is the documentation here :
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html
> updated ?
>
> I ask, because doing some git grep in a recent git checkout
> showed me something in doc/guix.texi that I couldn't find in
> that online manual...

Hi Vincent, the INFO that "comes with" 'guix pull' is from an earlier
git commit. The www html version may be even earlier, not sure.

Anyway, to read INFO from the latest 'git pull' you can do ...

git clone http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/
cd guix
guix environment guix
./bootstrap
./configure --localstatedir=/var
make

To read the INFO in emacs ...

emacs
'C-u F1 i'
"<YOURPATHTOGUIX>/guix/doc/guix.1"

Or, to always read the git version, I add this to my emacs init file ...

(with-eval-after-load 'info
  (info-initialize)
  (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list
               " <YOURPATHTOGUIX>/guix/doc"))