Re: ccache & guix build

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: ccache & guix build
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:41:06 +0200

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:24 PM, ng0 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to use ccache for "guix build" ?
>
> Can't this lead to build problems because to this cache? This is what
> other projects say about building with a cache at least.

I would only enable it when packaging new SW, so that rebuilds are faster,
and also would do a final build without to be extra sure...

I used ccache quite a lot, and it saved far more time than it made me loose,
I seem to remember having build glitches sometimes, but nothing significant,
it is very conservative in its "caching" algos...

So I take this has not been used for guix build...

--
Vincent Legoll