Some questions regarding GuixSD

From: dian_cecht
Subject: Some questions regarding GuixSD
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:09:54 -0700

Hello,

     I have a few questions about GuixSD that I need to have answered before I
can think about trying to install it. For some background on myself, I'm a
long-time Gentoo user, and I've used Funtoo and Arch some in the past.

1) Is there any way to prevent a package from being installed at all?
2) Are multiple versions of a package in the tree at any given time?
3) Is there any way to install GuixSD from something other than the LiveUSB
image on the site?
4) Is GnuNET integration already working?
5) How do I install Guix for a nonroot account in another distro?

I'm also curious what the current plans are for Guix/GuixSD are.