"--pure" won't work

From: Catonano
Subject: "--pure" won't work
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 22:42:11 +0200

In exploring Culturia, here

https://github.com/amirouche/Culturia/

I reach this line

guix environment --ad-hoc --pure guile-next

what happens is this (I'm not on Fedora anymore but rather on Ubuntu 16.04)

Command 'lesspipe' is available in the following places
 * /bin/lesspipe
 * /usr/bin/lesspipe
The command could not be located because '/usr/bin:/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable.
lesspipe: command not found
Command 'dircolors' is available in '/usr/bin/dircolors'
The command could not be located because '/usr/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable.
dircolors: command not found
Command 'ls' is available in '/bin/ls'
The command could not be located because '/bin' is not included in the PATH environment variable.
ls: command not found

Without the "--pure" it works like a charm

Is this normal ? Or is there anything wrong ?

Am I supposed to put ls, dircolors and lesspipe in the --ad-hoc clause ?

I ask this because in order to have Geiser with all its features in Culturia, gesier-next is needed (because guile-next is used)

But because the plain vanilla geiser is installed in my profile, I guess I can't have guile-next in an environment and guile in the profile, unless the environment is pure

Am I right here ?