Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: After installing Java, what should I set JAVA_HOME to?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:08:53 +0100

as Ricardo already wrote, bootstrapping Java packages from source is a
nightmare since gradle requires itself for building. And it requires a
lot of other Java packages which again require gradle for building. This
Gordian Knot can be cut by someone brave and knowledgeable about the
.pom files or whatever is the Java-way for describing the build-process.

I tried doing some work on this and gave up.

Am 28.11.2016 um 06:15 schrieb Zachary Kanfer:
> means that I can no longer follow any tutorial I find, since the
> tutorials I'm using are Gradle and Clojure tutorials

When using gradle for building your software, you should be able to
follow the tutorial. Yo only need to install gradle itself from (what
they call) "source.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel