Re: Installing the Xfce DE installs Unity

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Installing the Xfce DE installs Unity
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:37:58 +0100

Niall Dooley <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Leo,
>
> On 12 February 2017 at 03:49, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 10:56:06PM +0100, Niall Dooley wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> I installed the Xfce (meta) package and on restarting the available DE
>>> on the login screen are the default (Trisquel) Gnome and Unity.
>>> Selecting Unity does indeed present a Unity session and not the
>>> expected Xfce. Any ideas?
>>
>> Can you share the operating system configuration file you're using for
>> this system, so that I can try to reproduce the issue?
>
> Excuse my ignorance - I don't believe I have one. I'm using Guix on a
> *foreign *distro. Do I need to create one to use a DE installed via Guix?
> Thanks for your patience.

As far as I know we haven’t packaged Unity for Guix at all.  Unity is
unrelated to Xfce.  I’m not sure you can actually use Xfce from Guix on
a foreign distro.  On GuixSD using a desktop environment requires that
certain services are running.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net