Re: Backing up a GuixSD system? rsnapshot doesn't seem to like the store

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Backing up a GuixSD system? rsnapshot doesn't seem to like the store.
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 13:56:28 +0100

address@hidden writes:

>      My normal backup software (rsnapshot) doesn't seem to play
> terribly well with GuixSD because the software uses hardlinks for it's
> deduplication, so I'm looking for alternatives (or someone to tell me
> what needs to happen to get rsnapshot to backup /gnu/store without
> issue).
>
> I'd prefer something that has data deduplication at the very least.

I’m using borg for backups, but I haven’t tested backing up the store
itself because the state of my software environment is fully described
by the manifest and the guix version.

You can disable store deduplication if that causes problems, but that
has the obvious disadvantage of using more space.

~~ Ricardo