Re: artanis ?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: artanis ?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 02:18:05 +0100

I also got the same problem, but I don't know how to solve it yet.

The following issues seem to be related:

- [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/artanis/2016-05/msg00001.html]]
- [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2016-02/msg00025.html]]

However, I don't exactly know how to fix this, both because I'm not a
Scheme programmer, and also because I'm not a programmer at all.

There is one ugly workaround though:

Make sure that the shell variables $GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH have the Guile paths from your current Guix
profile included, it should be something like this:

GUILE_LOAD_PATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site:${GUILE_LOAD_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_PATH"

Try to see if "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site" exists and has Artanis
inside, if not try the following ones (do not point to Artanis
directly):

- "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/2.0/site"
- "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site/2.0"

However, as I said earliear, this doesn't seem to be a fix, it's more
like a workaround, since (as far as the previous references point to),
it's the Artanis project's code that has to be fixed.

you need to install Guile in your profile, like this

guix package -i guile

At the end of the installation, it will suggest you to set GUILE_LOAD_PATH and GUILE_COMPILED_PATH (or something) in such a way that they include the profile of your user (that contains Artanis too)

Otherwise you could do

$ guix environment --ad-hoc guile artanis

The environment so created will have its own profile and such profile will contain Artanis too (and the env vars will be automagically set)

At the guile prompt:
,use (artanis artanis)

there !

HTH !