Re: Hwo to debug and teacking builds?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: Hwo to debug and teacking builds?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 20:11:14 +0200

Catonano transcribed 4.3K bytes:

> Which is the source file ?

doc/guix.texi

Thank you.

I'd like to ask something about Emacs. A bit off topic but not that much.

I remember seeing an Emacs package that displays a preview of the whole document (buffer ?) in a small region of the window (frame ?)

So that you can know which portion of the document is currently displayed

Gedit, like many editors, does this, it's showed here (the small square on the right)
ctrlv.in/938108

Too bad that I can't remember how it was called and I couldn't find anything related on line

If anyone has a hint, I'd appreciate that

It'd be helpful in browsing the guix.texi file that's quite large.

> How do I compile it ?

I never got anything else than html to build with make of guix, (make
doc/guix.html)..
it's not super obvious. I know how texi2pdf etc works,
but this should at least be listed somewhere other than the Makefile.

It definitely should be. I had no idea.
And I wouldn't know what to look for in the Makefile

Thanks again