Re: mumble issues with pulseaudio

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: mumble issues with pulseaudio
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 23:18:45 +0200

ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:

> Alex Kost transcribed 0.8K bytes:
>> Ludovic Courtès (2017-04-03 12:08 +0200) wrote:
>>
>> > Florian Paul Schmidt <address@hidden> skribis:

>> > FWIW I have ~/.asoundrc with:
>> >
>> > pcm.!default {
>> >     type pulse
>> > }
>> >
>> > to “reroute” ALSA applications to PulseAudio.
>> >
>> > I’m not sure whether we should do that by default, or install this
>> > .asoundrc for newly-created accounts.  I guess some people may not want
>> > it.
>>
>> At least I'm one of those people :-)  I even have the following in my
>> .bash_profile to make sure that pulseaudio is never used:
>>
>> export AUDIODRIVER=alsa
>> export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
>>
>> --
>> Alex
>>

> I have an idea:
>
> Default to include it.
> We could have a setting which can be defined in the
> (operating-system) to set (profile-creation-asoundrc #f).

I was talking of the account skeletons, i.e., the files that are
automatically installed in the home directory of a newly-created account
(see (gnu system shadow)).  These files can always be modified or
removed by the user afterwards.

Still I understand that choosing a default is always difficult.  :-)

Ludo’.