Re: patched packages

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: patched packages
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 20:26:43 +0200

Catonano transcribed 2.4K bytes:
> I put some patches in gnu/packages/patches, I listed them in Makefile.in

You have to list patches in "gnu/local.mk" which is used by the top
Makefile.  Not very clear at first, I know.

Thanks

Is this patch in a commit upstream, or is it something which could be
done with the (substitute) procedure (is that the correct term?)?

They are upstream.
As far as I understand they have been carefully cherrypicked by the Genshi Fedora mantainer.

Right now I'm tired, I'm not very lucid. I've been tinkering for a bunch of hours

From the outside Genshi looks like an abandoned package. It looks like it's not been worked on for 5 years.

Last release doesn't pass tests and doesn't build with python3

It's not like that. The stuff is scattered in several branches, tickets and stuff.

Because of my inexperience I didn't look immediately at the Fedora package. There, things are clear.

I wasted a lot of time on this.

Now I have some inbalanced parenses and I'm too tired to fix them. I have to rest a bit

Thanks